Starting Monday, March 15, eligible students can begin registering by class standing and earned credit hours for fall 2010 and winter 2011 classes.
Oakland students should make an academic advising appointment as soon as possible to discuss their course selections for the upcoming year. OU academic advisers also review progress toward fulfillment of degree requirements and interpret and clarify policies and procedures. Undergraduate students should go to the Academic Advising Contact Web page
for a list of advising contacts in each school or college. Graduate students should contact their faculty advisor.
Graduate students may register on Monday, March 15. Senior students with 121 credits or more may register on Tuesday, March 16, and with 91 credits or more may register on Wednesday, March 17. Junior students with 73 or more credits may register on Thursday, March 18, and with 56 credits or more may register on Friday, March 19. Sophomore students with 42 credits or more may register on Monday, March 22, and with 28 credits may register on Tuesday, March 23. Freshman students with 16 credits or more are eligible to register on Wednesday, March 24, and entering freshman with less than 16 credits may register on Thursday, March 25.
Other tips to help prepare students for combined fall and winter registration include:
• Checking your SAIL account for any holds or unpaid bills that may prevent you from registering on time.
• Verifying that you meet the prerequisites for the course before you try to register for it. Look for the prerequisites in the undergraduate catalog
or on the Class Schedule Search
• Having your first-choice classes on a list, with a couple alternatives, so you can register promptly without having to search when a class is full. Just go to the Class Schedule Search.
• Registering for fall courses before winter to avoid registration errors.
Students are encouraged to check out these other helpful tips and FAQs
about combined fall 2010 and winter 2011 registration.
Registration will be staggered based on class standing and the number of earned credit hours. Students may view their assigned registration appointment and the number of earned credit hours they have to date by logging into the OU portal using these steps:
• Go to the OU homepage
• Click on SAIL (in the upper right-hand corner of the OU homepage)
• Log in using your NetID and password
• Once inside the portal, click on Register for Classes
• Click on Check Your Registration Status
• Select a term (fall semester 2010)
• View your assigned registration time status, any registration permits/overrides and your total earned credit hours
For important billing and payment information, including information on available payment plans
, visit the Student Business Services Web site
. Fall tuition will be due in September 2010 and winter tuition will be due in January 2011.
For more information on combined fall and winter registration, visit the Registrar’s Office Web site
or contact the office at email@example.com
or (248) 370-3450.